The Shingle House is next available available for 24- 28 April.
For dates in 2017 see here.
The Shingle House accommodates up to 8 people.
There are four double bedrooms: three on the ground floor (bedrooms 2, 3, and 4) and one on the first floor (bedroom 1, which can be made up as a twin room and has an en-suite bathroom with bath).
Inside, The Shingle House is calming and robust. On the ground floor, the living room features a large concrete fireplace with views out across the Dungeness shingle. There are two bathrooms with showers, the largest of which is set within a Purpleheart timber floor, looking out over the landscape.
NB. if you have stayed at The Shingle House before, please note that, following feedback from customers, the large ground floor sea-facing bathroom is now a shower room.
Beyond the shower house is the kitchen and dining area. From the dining table a large wall of glass can be opened to the outside, and in the kitchen a second wall of glazing opens on to a hidden and sheltered courtyard area, ideal for al fresco eating or taking in the sun.
A small garden surrounds the property, allowing further outdoor space to relax and enjoy the Dungeness environment. From here you can wave to the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch miniature railway as it passes by the end of the garden.
The following are provided for your holiday:
- Miele kitchen appliances - oven, microwave oven, induction hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer.
- David Mellor kitchen equipment - including DM kitchen knives, chopping boards, sieves and colanders, graters, whisks, tongs, cooking utensils, a range of DM saucepans (suitable for the induction hob), food blender, scales, mixing bowls, a rolling pin and pastry brush, glassware (tumblers, wine glasses, champagne flutes), DM cutlery (including children's cutlery), a tea pot, cafetiere and mugs.
- Miele washing machine (plus an iron, ironing board and airer, but please bring detergent).
- REN skincare individual shampoo, bath & shower gel and hand soap.
- Peter Reed high quality Egyptian cotton bed linen.
- Luxurious hand towels and bath towels.
- Luxury hypo-allergenic pillows and duvets (to ensure that everyone, including those with allergies, have a comfortable stay; but please note we do not have the storage space to also provide feather duvets and pillows).
- A few food items to get you started in the kitchen, some: tea bags, coffee, semi-skimmed milk, bread, salted butter and olive oil.
- Some basic household items, some: bin bags, washing up liquid, kitchen roll, hand-wash, dishwasher tablets, foil and loo paper.
- A library of books to keep the most avid reader happy, from local travel guides, to architecture and philosophy.
- Television (with freeview) and DVD player (do bring your own DVDs to play)
- Arrival/ Departure: you will be sent detailed arrival information before your stay. Arrival is after 4pm and departure by 10 am.
- Underfloor heating throughout the house; plus starter fuel log (if you wish to use the fire in the living room).
What's not provided:
- Beach towels.
- Landline telephone. Please note that, due to its location and for reasons beyond our control, mobile reception can be intermittent.
- WiFi internet connection is provided by a mobile device (which you can access if you bring a laptop, but please note that, due to its location and for reasons beyond our control, internet access can be intermittent)
- High chair and travel cot (please note that due to the design of the bedrooms, only one infant can be accommodated, in bedroom 1 upstairs).
- Additional logs for the fire (but these can be bought locally if desired).